Translate

2021年11月9日 星期二

2021.11/8 Terminator Salvation

     "If we stay the course, we are dead, we are all dead!"  

     I was in ninth grade when "Terminator Salvation" came out in 2009. I couldn't go to theater to watch it because I have to prepare high school entrance exam. (It was called Basic Competence Test for Junior High School Students (基本學力測驗) in case anyone wants to know)

     And I just finished it today after 12 years. after the setting year of 2018 was already passed. Even though the story is settled at 2018, you can tell it is definitely not 2018 we knew when Kyle Reese pronounced 2018 as Twenty-Eighteen instead of Two-thousand Eighteen. 

     I also finished "Terminator 2" in this August. Honestly I don't think it is better than T1, because I really like the 80's Sci-Fi atmosphere in T1. However, there are many great philosophy in T2. Such as "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." Really love the saying. It is just like a truth leading us to real freedom in the world lack of freedom. Years we passed, things we did, who we are, are the results of our every decision. As years go by, we look more and more like our own decisions. 

     I know most of people don't like Salvation, but I really liked it. Maybe because of its atmosphere of cold gray destroyed world. This storyline should go on, until they won the war against Skynet or something.

     Since I missed the chance to watch it in theater because of high school entrance exam, this feels like a big fight back to the exam. After all, it took away my precious time, my hobbies and my youths. Maybe it was just one year, but one year was a lot longer when you were a teenager. However, 2018 was passed, and high school entrance exam was already history too. Only I was left, in the future I made for myself.


沒有留言:

張貼留言

《寂寞芳心俱樂部》:三個秘密(13)

    台北萬華半島樓,下午一點五十五分   『欸,你相信吸血鬼嗎?』   台北南警察署長岡野幫小文倒了一杯如水般清澈的白鶴清酒,工作時間不喝酒也是他的一大原則 , 但 人生苦短也是岡野才太郎的第一座右銘。當原則互相碰撞時,非日常就會從日常之中萌發。而岡野總是享受著這些非日常,因...