Translate

2021年3月7日 星期日

2021.3/7 Potato Planting

      On 2/4, I started to plant a sprouted potato, which would be originally used to make Kartoffelsuppe (German potato soup).      

     I didn't use the whole potato but like half of potato. I went to Cainz to buy container, potting soil and fertilizer. 

     It is not as complicated as I expected, but it takes like 2 weeks to sprout out of soil. Honestly I thought it is already dead and considering when should I throw the potato out before it goes rotten in the soil. Then I recalled when I was in 5th grade, I throw away the sprouted potato into the classroom garden, because I thought it would never sprout (Yes... it was not a good behavior). At the end of semester, before we changed the classroom we needed to clean up the classroom garden, after the digging someone found my potato turned out to sprout very well... So I decided to give it another few days. 

     Then on 2/25, almost 20 days after planting, it sprouted out like an asparagus.

     Day 28 (3/2)
     Day 31 (3/5)
     Day 33 (3/7)

     It grew really fast at the first one week, now I am wondering if I should hill it or use fertilizer. How do you think?

沒有留言:

張貼留言

《寂寞芳心俱樂部》:三個秘密(13)

    台北萬華半島樓,下午一點五十五分   『欸,你相信吸血鬼嗎?』   台北南警察署長岡野幫小文倒了一杯如水般清澈的白鶴清酒,工作時間不喝酒也是他的一大原則 , 但 人生苦短也是岡野才太郎的第一座右銘。當原則互相碰撞時,非日常就會從日常之中萌發。而岡野總是享受著這些非日常,因...