Translate

2021年5月28日 星期五

2021.5/28 Quarantine

     After going back to Taipei, I have stayed in my house for 6 days. I feel like I am not going back to Taiwan, but only my old house. I am wondering if I am really in Taiwan, or just a copy house with some high-tech television windows playing scene of Taipei.

     However Uber Eats is real, and delivery fee 25 TWD is also real. I couldn't see any difficulty to stay home in Taipei, at least for me, who had already stayed home for one year in Tokyo.

     And many people told me that I have to be careful for going back to Taiwan, since the Covid cases are increasing everyday, it is dangerous in Taiwan. Yes, it is true but I already got used to it in Tokyo. Staying home, WFH, wearing mask outside. They all become the parts of daily life in Japan.

     Still I was expecting to experience the pre-Covid life in Taipei, when I was arranging this long vacation few months ago. I was dreaming I could go on the street without mask, or go to restaurant even in the late night. 

     Maybe this is the point, situation in Taiwan was a dream, which people should not take for granted. 

     And miracle is not a word for the performance of Taiwan on fighting against Covid. The success of Taiwan is not a miracle but a result based on many people's effort and knowledge. 

     Yes it is dangerous. But as long as we are well prepared, we don't need to be afraid of Covid. 

     I mean there is averagely over 500 new cases everyday only in Tokyo, but we still manage to survive for a year.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

《寂寞芳心俱樂部》:三個秘密(13)

    台北萬華半島樓,下午一點五十五分   『欸,你相信吸血鬼嗎?』   台北南警察署長岡野幫小文倒了一杯如水般清澈的白鶴清酒,工作時間不喝酒也是他的一大原則 , 但 人生苦短也是岡野才太郎的第一座右銘。當原則互相碰撞時,非日常就會從日常之中萌發。而岡野總是享受著這些非日常,因...