Translate

2021年5月4日 星期二

2021.5/3 Outside These Walls

     What's outside these walls? What's beyond the sea?

      I stopped for so many years after watching the first episode of "Attack of Titan" in 2013. I always wanted to watch it but I didn't watch it again until this year. It was when I heard it is going to finish that I realized I postponed it for almost 8 years. Just like most of things in the life, you always think you have time to do it but you will never do it and so many years just passed by.

     But this is also the reason why the song "Guren no Yumiya" (紅蓮の弓矢) is the memory of 2013 to me. With part of German lyrics, this song always reminds me of the day of my first grade in college,  room 121 of dorm, the hill before I have to climb to go to my college's building.

     Just few days ago, I saw someone mentioning that everyone could be lead character and the story of "Attack of Titan" would still make sense in YouTube comments. That is my favorite element, everyone is the lead character of their stories, and nearly no one is real villain  in the story (Maybe expect Gross, the Marleyan officer who let dogs murder Grisha's sister). 

     And this is how real world is, we are all following our own mind to become who we are right now. We are all the lead character, and nobody would think that he is the bad guy. That is also why the world is cruel, because we become the villain in other's story, simply because we want to do the right things.

     People inside the wall are curious of the world outside. People at this coast are curious of another coast of ocean. We all want to leave here, to go to another place. That's also what I always feel. Seeking knowledge itself is the embodiment of seeking freedom. I learn English or Japanese so that I can understand what foreign people say. I come to Japan so that I can experience the life abroad. 

     However, just as Kenny said, we were all slaves of something else. 

     As people who could not leave their comfort zones are the slaves of comfort zones, people who always pursues freedom are also the slaves of freedom. Just like Billy the Kid in Young Guns II, who didn't quit after arriving Old Mexico, but made another plan to Canada. He is always chasing for something. And, of course, like Roland in Dark Tower, they are all slaves of freedom.

     When Bertolt was being eaten, at one moment he still believed that his old comrades would save him. That is the saddest moment for me. 

     But I still don't understand why the Owl didn't just save everybody when arriving at port?

沒有留言:

張貼留言

《寂寞芳心俱樂部》:三個秘密(13)

    台北萬華半島樓,下午一點五十五分   『欸,你相信吸血鬼嗎?』   台北南警察署長岡野幫小文倒了一杯如水般清澈的白鶴清酒,工作時間不喝酒也是他的一大原則 , 但 人生苦短也是岡野才太郎的第一座右銘。當原則互相碰撞時,非日常就會從日常之中萌發。而岡野總是享受著這些非日常,因...